Microsoft has been launching a revamped version of Microsoft Teams, their popular video conferencing, collaboration, and chat application. With a promise of improved speed and efficiency, this update aims to provide a more streamlined and user-friendly experience for its extensive user base.
The new Microsoft Teams can be likened to a superhero of business communication apps for both Windows and Mac users with these recent updates and improvements. It not only boasts impressive speed but is also more resource-efficient. In fact, it is reported to be up to twice as fast as the classic version, while using up to 50% less memory and disk space.
What’s New with Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft’s development team has gone back to the drawing board to reimagine Teams, focusing on simplification and flexibility. The latest version of Teams offers several notable enhancements:
- Improved Third-Party Integration: Microsoft Team snow works more seamlessly with third-party applications, expanding its capabilities for users.
- Enhanced Calling Functionality: Users can now make phone calls outside of the Teams ecosystem more easily, broadening its communication capabilities.
- Faster Meeting Access: Microsoft Teams allows users to access meetings more quickly, reducing the typical delays associated with starting or joining a meeting. This is achieved through a new meeting flow and snappier app overall.
- Quicker application: Teams has been rebuilt to share resources in a more efficient way, more on that below.
- Coming soon – AI Powered Copilot. Do more with AI in Microsoft Teams, coming very soon to the business app.
One of the more notable tech innovations that enable these improvements is the ability to share resources with your web browser, ultimately reducing the application’s memory and disk space requirements.
Initial test results suggest significant performance gains, with Teams loading the app, joining meetings, and switching between chats and channels at twice the speed of the previous version. Importantly, these enhancements are not limited to Windows users, as Teams on Mac also receives the performance boost.
Microsoft believes that this update will be a game-changer for productivity, with improvements to the user interface, including a new “mark all as read” feature in the activity section. Furthermore, Microsoft introduces Copilot, an AI assistant that can summarize key points from chats and calls. While it may not fetch your coffee, Copilot offers valuable assistance in managing and summarizing information efficiently.
How to Get Started
If you’re interested in upgrading to the new and improved Teams, you can check for the option in the top left corner of your Teams app. If you see “try the new Teams,” you can switch to the updated version and explore its enhanced features.
For businesses looking for assistance with Teams implementation and usage, we encourages you to get in touch for support and guidance.
Contact Dark Blue Technologies
Get in touch with us and learn how we can assist your business with IT solutions.